Nathan Vapor Cloud 11L (2L Bladder)
|Vapor Cloud 11L|
Over the last week or so I have had the privilege to be running along the trails with next years Nathan Vapor Cloud Race Vest, and what a privilege it has been! I was using the smaller Vapor Cloud previously and was slightly worried about the amount of storage I had for required kit on the Ultra Marathons I have planned for 2014. Nathan has really come up with the goods on this new model due to be released in 2014. It has been designed around the world famous Ultra run of the UTMB. This race vest covers everything you will ever need on a run or race. I have really been pleased at how it has performed over the last week. The major factor for me was that with it being a bigger pack sometimes you often find it bounces when going down hill at a pace, this certainty doesn’t move at all!
Listed below are some of the main and key features of this pack:
- 2 Rear storage compartments (For them extra layers etc..)
- 2 large side wrap around pockets (For extra nutrition or head lamps, easy reachable)
- Clips for your running poles on them longer mountain races
- 2 front pockets compatible with the 22oz bottles (For them electrolyte drinks or Gels)
- A small front pocket (For your mobile or other small items)
- This pack offers multiple zippered compartments and stretch mesh pockets to keep everything organized and sorted (For them kit checks!)
- Safety whistle
- An internal section for your 2L bladder plus extra storage pocket for an ice pack. (If you’re running in warmer climates, this is perfect)
- An external shock cord to also increase capacity or lock everything down if the pack is only half full, to reduce any bouncing or movement.
|Vapor Cloud 11L|
This race vest is highly breathable and wraps around the body perfect! It can be adjusted on all straps to get that perfect fit. Also comes in two sizes to cater for all runners. (S/M = 33-38 inch chest, L/XL = 37-44 inch chests) The pack comes with reflective strips on the outer if you’re running on them dark nights another great little feature what Nathan have come up with but really effective!
I am currently using the electric blue and yellow version but it also comes in the traditional Nathan Grey for people who want that more toned down look. I am super stoked to being this race vest for my up coming races, and will continue to share my thought positives or negatives I find over the coming months of training, but as it stands I find it really difficult to find any negatives on this pack. One happy runner!
Unfortunately ladies this is a male fit pack but Nathan do a Vapor Shadow as a women’s specific fit and version.. I would fully recommend anyone wanting that race vest for longer or ultra runs keep an eye out for these hitting stores in 2014!
Overall Verdict: 10/10