Friday 17 January 2014

A week of ups and downs!

Over looking Lake Wanaka on a stunning morning!
As another week goes by in my build up to the Tarawera 100km Ultra Marathon. It's been a week of ups and downs, training has gone OK.. managed to get 3 runs in this week on top of my 10km a day mountain bike to and from work around my busy work schedule.

But to finish the week off nicely me and Gemma decided to cycle over to Wanaka to watch and support some friends in the Challenge Wanaka Ironman Triathlons which was a great 70km ride on our mountain bikes over the 'Alpine Route' basically up and over a mountain pass rather than going round 3300ft of climbing.. Never have done anything the easy way! Had a great 2 days over there camping and supporting the event, on our return today we set off as planned from Wanaka only to get roughly 10km's down the road before Gems bike decided to start having some mechanical issues with her gears coming very loose what obviously wasn't great to go back over a mountain pass. With having left my bike tools back at home in Queenstown we decided to call a bus company who shuttles between Wanaka and Queenstown, luckily they had some spaces available for us on their next shuttle what got us home safety.
Swimmers starting in the Challenge Wanaka Triathlon.
2014 Winner crossing the line at Challenge Wanaka.
I think after watching a Ironman Triathlon, it does cement to myself that one day I will part take in one as a one off event to see what Triathletes have to go through!!

On another note, I unfortunately I wasn't luckily enough to get picked out of the draw for a place in this years TNF Ultra Trail Du Mont Blanc.. Therefore I will have twice the chance to get into the event next year.. Fingers crossed!

So it looks like I will only get to race in two of the World Ultra Tour Races this year (Which I can't complain about really, many people would love to get to race in one!)

Tarawera 100km Ultra Marathon and the TNF100 Australila in the Blue mountains.

Cheers to everyone who takes time to read my updates on here, and to Nathan NZ for their continued support in the latest Hydrations packs and belts they have on offer for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment