With February been and gone, it was a month of great racing for me. I actually do often enjoy racing more than training just because I often train on my own and can never get to the pace or distance I would in a race. I have been fairly pleased with how the month played out and has set me in good spirits for a solid month of training in March.
Race Results for the month:
- 31st Jan / Conwy Parkrun - 1st Overall (New Course Record)
- 7th Feb / Conwy Parkrun - 1st Overall (Broke my own course record)
- 8th Feb / Nick Beer 10km - 7th Overall (Apart of 1st team prize)
- 14th Feb / Conwy Parkrun - 1st Overall
- 15th Feb / Wrexham Village Bakery Half Marathon - 18th Overall (Disappointed with my run)
- 21st Feb / Conwy Parkrun - 1st Overall
- 22nd Feb / Run Wales Rhyl 10mile - 3rd Overall
- 28th Feb / Blackpool Stanley Park 10km (Day1) - 2nd Overall
- 1st Mar / Blackpool Stanley Park 10km (Day2) - 2nd Overall (In the exact time as day 1, even to the second)
|How the month looked on my Movescount.|
As every running knows to race this much in a month it is impossible to also train in the middle. Therefore I haven’t really done much in the way of training throughout the month but was wanting to get my race fitness back before going into March where I won’t race much if at all and work on getting some good miles and hills in for preparation for my UTMB 100 mile race later on in the year. This will all start as of today as I’m sat on train heading to the Lake District where I will spend the next 12 days running around in the fells and trails with the guys from High Terrain Events. (www.highterrainevents.co.uk)
February was also a good month for me as I got a return call up to the regional squad (North Wales) for a race later on in the year. Where hopefully I can run well and do the team manager proud.
I often get asked by followers on Twitter about good ultra races in the UK where they can get points towards the UTMB. Bellow are two of my favourites what High Terrain Events organise:
-Kielder 100km Ultra Trail (Also has a 80km and a 50km route option) - 26th April 2015
-3x3000 80km Ultra Trail (Apart of the SkyRunning UK Series) - 4th October 2015
|This picture tells you exactly what High Terrain Events are all about.|
Both of these events are over brilliant courses and a great challenge if your looking for something to work towards in the year. All the details and entry information can be found on the webpage www.highterrainevents.co.uk
Hope everyone had a great month of running in February, roll on March!
Thanks for following as always